Hello! I’m back with a new post to show you these Halloween water decals that were kindly sent to me by Born Pretty Store. If you read my blog regularly, you’ll know that I’ve produced a few reviews for Born Pretty now. I’d just like to state that my views are my own honest opinion and I am not being paid to write the reviews – I did receive the samples free of charge however.
With that aside, I’ll get straight into the review! In general, I really like water decals. They’re a quick, easy (and cheap!) way to make your nails a bit more exciting. I chose these particular Halloween decals as I thought they would be great for the October season. I was quite impressed by these decals from Born Pretty, they were simple to use and I was able to add a decal to all of my nails in around 30 minutes although you may want to allow a bit more time if you’re experimenting for the first time.
I tried out the decals with a variety of base colours to see which colours worked well. I really liked the Indigo colour by Barry M however, I did feel that it was a little too dark for these decals and I prefer the bright green, orange and the light grey, as the decals are more visible.
So, how did I apply the decals? Here are some step by step instructions on how to apply them.
1. Apply your chosen base coat and base colour as normal. Ensure that these layers are completely dry before moving on!
2. Cut out the shape that you wish to use with a small pair of nail scissors. I chose the little haunted house in this case.
3. Soak the decal in a cup or bowl of water for around 15 seconds. I used a pair of tweezers to do this as it was easier than trying to fish out a floating decal!
4. The white paper should more or less just fall off. Peel away the decal, which has a clear background.
5. Carefully place the decal onto the nail and use a cotton pad to hold it in place and to soak up the extra water. Gently smooth down the image if there are any air bubbles.
6. Apply a top coat and you’re done!
This particular pack contained haunted houses, witches, bats, ghosts and little spiders. There are some alterative designs
That’s all you need to apply these decals which are great for Halloween. It may be too late to order now however, grab them now while they’re reduced! You can also use my discount code NAC10K31 which can also be found in the side bar, or at the bottom of your screen if you’re using the mobile version of this page.
I would recommend these water decals but my best advice is to stick to bright and light base colours for the best effortless look!
Thanks for reading!
Please note: These products were sent to me by Born Pretty as a Press Sample review. This does not change my views in any way and all of the above comments are my own thoughts and personal opinions of the products.