Surprise! Another post! Today’s post is very different to my normal nail post. I was nominated to receive the Liebster award by MissLozzieLoves so thank you so much to her! You can take a look at her fab blog here!
Like many new bloggers, I wasn’t aware of this award previously but it is actually a brilliant system. The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The instructions seem a little complicated and long but it’s actually quite fun.
The rules of the competition are as follows:
1. The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them. In my case MissLozzieLoves
2. Provide 11 facts about yourself
3. Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you
4. Choose 11 more people with under 200 followers and ask them 11 questions!
So, now it’s time for 11 random facts about me! 🙂 And they are very random…
1. I have always used nail polish but, I have been interested in and doing nail art for about 5 years.
2. The first design that I learnt was a simple ‘flick’ design which I was taught in a beauty after school class
3. My favourite colour is sky/aqua blue
4. I am obsessed with anything French or Parisian! I love learning the French language and I hope to become a fluent French speaker in the future. I’ve been to Disneyland Paris which is amazing but I’d love to go to Paris and see the Eiffel Tower.
5. My favourite film is Frozen! I love Olaf and Sven, they are soooo cute! I also really like the film ‘The Internship’ which is about Google HQ.
6. My favourite nail polish brands are No7 and OPI.
7. I really like stand up comedy. Peter Kay is a complete genius and I love Russell Howard.
8. I’m currently studying for my GCSE’s and I’ve recently completed my GCSE in art and design.
9. My favourite shop is probably boots or anywhere that sells nail polish 😉
10. I decided to start a blog to share and try out nail art ideas with the World! I attended an evening class where I learnt how to write basic html code and started my WordPress blog! (Thanks to my tutor, Dave! 🙂 )
11. My favourite quote is ‘C’est la vie’ which means ‘such is life/that’s life’ – I basically live by that quote.
Now I will be answering the 11 Questions set by MissLozzieLoves!
I wanted to include ‘nail art’ in my blog name somewhere so people can understand what my blog is about and find it easily without reading any posts. I then thought that I am obsessed with nail designs and addicted to creativity! So that’s where the ‘oholic’ part came from. The Adventures of a Nail Artoholic was then formed 🙂
I have checked the blogs to see if there are any posts about the Liebster award and I couldn’t find anything. Apologies if you have already received the award, you can always do it again to receive the green Liebster award! I didn’t count twitter followers, I used bloglovin’ or WordPress follower counts only, to choose my nominations and ensure that they had under 200 followers. I love these blogs so, without further ado, my nominees are….
Sarah Louise – http://www.saramlouise.blogspot.co.uk/
Katherine – http://aworkofnailart.wordpress.com/
Vennie – http://vennixie.wordpress.com/
And now for this mega-long post, all that is left to do is set the questions for my nominees! If I have nominated you in the list above, answer these questions on your Liebster Award post!
1. What’s your favourite beauty product brand?
2. Favourite song right now?
3. Why did you start blogging?
4. Favourite post that you have ever written (add a link!)?
5. Favourite quote?
6. What have you learnt since you started blogging and would you do anything differently if you were to start your blog again?
7. Biggest blog achievement?
8. Food that you couldn’t live without?
9. If you could meet anybody, who would you meet?
10. Dream holiday?
11. What do you aim to do in the World of blogging in the future?
That is all for today! Thank you so much again to MissLozzieLoves for the nomination! If I have nominated you, please let me know when you have posted your Liebster award post because I would love to read your responses!