Now it may still be November however, it’s never to early to get into the festive season. Today I decided the time was right to create my first festive nails of the year. This design is perfect for this time of the year, it doesn’t scream Christmas but there’s still a little jolly reminder of the cold winter days. This year, Nordic print seems to be popular, from Christmas jumpers to cutlery, it’s everywhere! This really cute print inspired me for my design.
As you can see, each nail is different. The key to this design is to let your imagination run wild! I tried to include typical icons for this design such as reindeer, snowflakes, zigzags and Aztec style prints.
For this design I used a red colour by Revlon, OPI’s Alpine Snow, a white striper from Claire’s, toothpicks, a variety of nail art brushes and some dotting tools, again of various sizes.
Due to the unique design on each nail, it’s difficult to explain each step but I can give some tips, in order to create the best nails possible.
1. When creating straight lines, keep the striper still and rotate the finger. This will help you to be more accurate.
2. Use a toothpick to fill in small shapes such as triangles.
3. Be creative! There is no right way to re-create this!
4. Be inspired. I used Christmas catalogues, due to the popular Nordic trend, you can be inspired almost anywhere!
5. Be patient. Like most nail art designs, this takes time. If you rush the design, it will reflect in your outcome.
As always, remember to apply a base coat before applying the polish. Also, apply a top coat to seal your design. To prevent chipping, apply top coat to the very tip of your nail.
I hope you decide to try this design, if you do, let me know in the comment section below 😀 Also, if you have any requested designs that you want me to try before Christmas, feel free to comment.
In the word’s of Bugs Bunny, that’s all for now folks! Stay tuned for an exciting special announcement very soon…